- Supports protein, carbohydrate, fat, fiber and dairy digestion‡
- Promotes enhanced nutrient bioavailability and absorption‡
- Comprehensive blend of digestive enzymes
- Part of the PureGI&trade product line
- Made with vegetarian ingredients
Digestive Enzymes Ultra contains an extensive profile of vegetarian digestive enzymes to support protein, carbohydrate, fat, fiber, and dairy digestion. Proteases included in this formula provide optimal activity across a wide pH range. They facilitate the normal breakdown of proteins and di- and tripeptides.1 Lipase promotes lipid breakdown while amylase and glucoamylase are included to stimulate polysaccharide breakdown of starch and glycogen.2 Invertase and lactase support digestion of carbohydrate disaccharides, including the dairy sugar lactose.3 This formula also offers numerous enzymes to support fiber breakdown, including cellulase, hemicellulase, beta-glucanase and phytase. These enzymes act to break down cell wall components and phytic acid, promoting nutrient bioavailability of fiber-containing foods.4 Additionally, alpha-galactosidase promotes the breakdown of certain complex carbohydrates, such as raffinose and stachyose, found in some legumes, vegetables, and grains helping to relieve occasional bloating or gas.5‡
Digestive Enzymes Ultra
- Enzymes are derived from microbial fermentation.
- Ascorbyl palmitate is derived from corn dextrose fermentation and palm oil.
- Plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose.